Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Big News!!!!!

So I was in the Word this afternoon....... the Word is the name for the staff's secret napping spots up by the baptistry at the church. There's two of them, the Old Testament and the New Testament. So when you disappear for a while to rest and don't want to be called a slacker, you can say, "Hey, I was deep in the Word and lost track of time." (btw, the New Testament became Tom's new bedroom because of the crowd this week, but nobody told me (Remember Tom, the older gentleman I picked raspberries with?) So yesterday Tom walks into his room and finds me asleep in his bed. I wondered why we suddenly had a pillow and covers. This has been a hard one to live down.)
Anyway, I'm dozing in the Old Testament this afternoon when my phone rings. It was Mike from human resources at the Pasco school system returning my call. When the chat was over, the deed was done. I am now, after an illustrious 34 year career as an elementary school teacher................RETIRED! Yikes!!!! I called my principal and gave her the news. A few paperwork formalities and I am officially unemployed.
I feel the weight of the world off my shoulders... but that could be an illusion. What if I've made a big mistake? No I haven't, yes I have, no I haven't, yes I have, no I haven't and THAT'S FINAL!
I fly home next week and start making my plans to move to Alaska..... temporarily, that is. Maybe for a few months. We'll see where God leads from there.
Tomorrow night I'm leading singing at the Anchorage Rescue Mission. Just a matter of time until I fit right in.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement, Kim!! And thanks for sharing your adventure in this blog! I'm looking forward to seeing where all of this takes you.... :-)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,

    I know that the Lord is leading you in this new direction in your life. The last few weeks, God has been speaking to me in my devotions about you and your next step and I have truly sensed his leading in your life. I am up in New Jersey having a wonderful time with Tony's family. We are going to a pretty spot called Lake George, NY on Friday and spending time with his brother Steve and the rest of their family for the weekend. I should be back in St. Pete sometime on Friday, August 6th. We MUST get together again before you pack up and move to Alaska. Tony will want to see you too! Don't you dare leave without letting us spend some precious time with you! I love you my sister in the Lord and excited for the Lord's continued workings in your life. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow!!! I can't believe it! But I am so happy for you, Kim!!! It's going to be a wild year, but I know you're up for whatever you face. I'll be praying for you as you walk this road. Love you! --- Julie

    ReplyDelete